You deserve to go to a karaoke night out at least once a month. It’s such a pleasant emotion. No one can really sing and people are basically roaring in the microphone, but with such love, such passion!
It is wonderful to see so many people happy, happy from something small. It is the chance to be center stage for several minutes, and gather all the hearts. Performing karaoke is very emotional, but it is very cool even if you simply sing along.
Now, let me give you some advice on how to entertain people.
- Perform in a duet. There is always chemistry among the partners, and that makes people enjoy the singing even more. A person who can’t sing, plus a person who can’t sing can actually make a great duet, by just complementing each other’s shortcomings.
- Speak while you are performing. Most of the time it’s quite fun and all kinds of thoughts arise in your mind, mostly funny thoughts. So give them publicity. While your partner is singing, criticize his singing openly between the lines. Share with him how does singing feel, when you don’t do it right. Speak to the audience as if they are your friends. Be natural – that’s intensely artistic
- Pick your partner right. How do you know someone is right for singing? Voice? No! Experience? Some…but what is severely needed in Karaoke is what we call soul. A performance from the soul entices, enchants, enraptures people who love to sing. All of them secretly sing under the shower, but if you manage to set the stage aside and feel exactly like under the shower, the crowd is yours, my friend. You may not sing correctly, but if you sing with soul, the show is yours. They will love you before they know it.
- If you need to leave the stage – take a French leave. Always surprise the audience – be it with your choice of music, or your special sexy timbre, which appeals to the ears, even though you can’t sing. What you must know that a karaoke club is a congregation of people who can’t sing. So – they respect each other mutually. If somebody who can’t sing at all begins to scrape your hearing with their coarse voice, you instinctively begin to sing along, so that you don’t have to listen to it. So if you hear the audience like a chorus during your performance, know that you are doing a really bad job. Anyway, they still love you, for most of them are like you.
- Most people think that they would not perform in a Karaoke club because they do not want to hold up to ridicule. What they do not realize is that everybody in the club really takes into consideration your inability to sing, I would say even relishes in it, in some way, for they share it. Performing in a karaoke club is like having sex – in that it is a really frank experience – as if you are without your clothes. So leave your shame at the entrance of the Karaoke club.
- Be mindful of teases. If somebody follows you to the toilet, and has a small talk with you explaining he really loved your accent, if the same person orders a song and looks at you the entire time while he is singing on the stage – he might want children from you!
- Okay, I am kidding, but what is really great in these Karaoke nights is the bond you make with your partner, with the audience, with the microphone if it is even working…so it’s an environment in which people connect more easily.
- One glass of dry martini will have to deal with your stage fright.
- Pick a song you really, really like. No drama, but if the song sucks, you will suck at it as well. Also, think of a song everybody will like. It’s a group experience, which makes it so fabulous.
- Enjoy yourself, you are a super star and singing in front of people is a great adventure and it is most recommended to make it a tradition.
51,022 total views, 2 views today